A: The ideal wind force for sailing with DinghyGo ranges from 2 to 4 Beaufort.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- What are the differences between the DinghyGo Nomad 3 and the previous Beach 2 model? In order to further enhance DinghyGo's portability, design and quality, several improvements were implemented for DinghyGo Nomad 3. The main enhancements are: lighter hull materials and beautiful designed lightweight composite thwart/daggerboard holder and mast deck/step boards resulting in 20% (-10 Kg; -22 lb.) boat and sail kit weight reduction. The new spars color is silver. The robust construction remained.
- With what wind force can I sail with DinghyGo?
- Which waters can I sail with DinghyGo? DinghyGo is designed for voyages on sheltered coastal waters, small bays, small lakes, rivers and canals. DinghyGo complies to the European CE/ISO specifications 6185 part 2-V category D, which means conditions up to, and including, wind force 4 and significant waves heights up to, and including, 0,3m, with occasional waves of 0,5m maximum height, for example from passing vessels.
- What is the DinghyGo weight and required storage space? The DinghyGo Nomad 3 boat excluding sail-/row-kit and bags weighs about 27 Kg (60 lb.) and requires less than 40 x 21 x 13 in. (100 x 54 x 32 cm) storage space in deflated and well packaged condition. The DinghyGo Orca boat weighs about 29 Kg (64 lb.) and measures 40 x 28 x 11 in. (100 x 72 x 28 cm). The DinghyGo Nomad S boat weighs about 23 Kg (51 lb.) and measures 40 x 20 x 12 in. (100 x 52 x 30 cm). DinghyGo sailing kit, consisting of the sailing rig, daggerboard, rudder and accessories weighs about 13/14 Kg (29/31 lb.) and measures 47 x 20 x 6 in. (120 x 50 x 16 cm).
- Can my children sail with DinghyGo? DinghyGo Nomad 3 and Nomad S are very suitable for (small) children because of their stability, safety and easy handling. The minimum age is therefore less than other sailing boats, like the Optimist.
- What outboard engines can I use with DinghyGo? You can equip DinghyGo with electric or petrol fueled outboard engines (short shaft) up to 6 Hp (4.5 kW). The maximum power for your DinghyGo S is 2.5 Hp (1.9 kW)
- Can I suspend DinghyGo from my yacht davits? Yes, you can suspend DinghyGo from your yacht's davits using DinghyGo's 2 stainless steel eyes inside the transom and 2 stainless steel eyes outside each bow side.
- Can I transport DinghyGo by bike? Yes, there are several solutions to transport DinghyGo by bike, like the Babboe Big bicycle (www.babboe.nl) and the Burley flatbad/nomad bike trailer (www.burley.com).
- Can I take DinghyGo along in my small car? Yes, you can take along DinghyGo in your small car even a Smart ForTwo (DinghyGo Nomad S). Besides the car trunk you can also use an imperial for your car roof or towing bracket. For example: Thule Easybase 949 (www.thule.com).
- Can you deliver DinghyGo outside The European Union? Yes, DinghyGo can be delivered outside the EU by courier. You can order DinghyGo via the webshop and select your country delivery option. If your country is not included in the delivery options, please email your delivery address request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have DinghyGo spare parts available? Yes, DinghyGo spare parts are available for customers and normally in stock.
- What material is the DinghyGo boat made of? DinghyGo's hull is made of the German manufactured material Valmex.
- Which DinghyGo accessories are for sale? DinghyGo Distributors can provide several accessories for DinghyGo like: boat covers, transport wheels, electric pumps, davit fittings and (electric) outboards.
- What is the DinghyGo warranty period? DinghyGo comes with a warranty period of 24 months (within EU) and 12 months (outside EU).
- Can I get a repair kit for DinghyGo? Yes, DinghyGo deliveries include a repair kit, to repair small tube leakages yourself.
- How can I get answers to my other questions? Please ask other questions via email: email@example.com; www.facebook.com/ dinghygo; www.twitter.com/dinghygo (@DinghyGo) or phone: +31(0)610509473.